Sunday 17 August 2014

Aunty lifelovetravelfood

It's love time on lifelovetravelfood.

Can I just say that being an Aunty is one of the best things ever. You get all the fun, none of the work and no mess. Well... That last bit isn't quite true, I've had some less than pleasant things on me thanks to some leaky nappies but nothing that completely grossed me out.

I am now the proud Aunty Dan of three awesome, adorable niblings. Niblings is the collective term for my siblings children. Siblings + nieces and nephews = niblings. Stolen from my friend G, I cannot take credit for this cute term! 

Fat lil foot. Owned by R
Photo from R's mummy, L

I refuse to be that annoying Aunty who pulls their cheeks and tells them how adorable they are but while they're little and can't escape me, I totally am that person. I'm not sure when the cut off for this type of behaviour needs to stop - maybe when they're old enough to wriggle free and wipe away my kisses with a disgusted look on their face... At least I don't wear lipstick so I won't leave any evidence.

Little E
How can this not make you go 'awww!!'
Photo credit - hithergreenhavoc via instagram

One was awesome. Two was even better but three?! Three is the best!! I am so in love with the fact that I'm so close to my newest nibling, E. I visit him every week and adore seeing the changes in him. I cannot wait to meet chubby Cabbage Patch Doll, R, in September. She's my current phone wallpaper with the biggest cheeks I think I've ever seen! I can't wait to see them in person! And before you think I'm playing favourites, don't worry, there's a fortnightly rota going so each nibling gets a turn as my phone wallpaper. I think it's K's turn next! And speaking of my little bear, I can't WAIT for regular play dates with him. It always looks like so much fun from the other side of the computer via skype! 

K collecting shells with Aunty J

I promise I won't be an Aunty bore and go on about their cuteness, how my niblings are better than yours, their hilarious stories or any of that other stuff so I'll finish up by saying... To their parents - J and L, L and G - you guys have the most awesome, cute, amazing kids ever - thanks for having them!!

R and K cute hand prints they gave to
their Daddy for his birthday
(insert 'awww' here) - Photo from L

How cute are E's booties? Made by
his talented Nanna. Photo from J

One final foot pic, this time it's E's
Photo by his Mummy, J

1 comment:

  1. OMG D, the kids are so adorable... It's so good to have you back in the same continent yayyyy We will definitely have to organise to see you two at some point. I don't know if you see my replies to my blogs but I wrote to send me your phone number so I can give you a call. Msg it to me 0407 344 710 - Hope you're loving life in Perth, big kisses xo

    ReplyDelete